Time: 2:00 pm - 5:45 pm Cost: Free!
Granary Building 1211 Granary Ave Bellingham, WA Contact:
Lhaq'temish Foundation & House of Tears Carvers (360)-383-7579 Event Categories:
On May 24, 2021 at the Port of Bellingham on Granary Ave, the Totem Pole will be available for county residents to attend and have an opportunity to lay hands on the Totem Pole and imbue it with their grief, their prayers and their hopes. There will be local speakers, musicians, artisans, and a Blessing by interfaith representatives.
This event is COVID-conscious and will require masks, regardless of vaccination status, unless there is a medical exemption. Social distancing protocols will be adhered to. Protect the most vulnerable!
This is and outdoor event so dress appropriately for the weather. There will be no public seating so bring your own chairs!
Schedule subject to change.
- 2:00 -4:00 pm: Social gathering with Lummi vendors, local artists, salmon activity and music with local musicians Dana Lyons and Irthlingz (Sharon Abreu and Mike Hurwitz).
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Presentations include:
- Welcome – Mike Shepard, Port of Bellingham
- Opening Prayer – Doug James, House of Tears Carver
- Totem Pole Journey crew: Jewell James, Doug James, Fred Lane
- Elected Officials: Reps. Alex Ramel and Sharon Shewmake, Kaylee Galloway (on behalf of Rep. Lekanoff), Satpal Sidhu (Whatcom Co.), Hannah Stone (COB), Seth Fleetwood (COB)
Netse Mot, Repatriation of Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut: Raynell Morris
- 5:30 pm – Interfaith Blessing Ceremony with choral music and an offering by local ministers including the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Multifaith Network for Climate Justice, Echoes and Guru Nanak Gursikh Gurudwara