Time: All Day Cost: Free
Washington State Parks firstname.lastname@example.org (360) 902-8844 Event Categories:
Sunday, Sept. 13, is Girl Scouts Love State Parks Day. And on this day, you can visit a Washington state park for free! No Discover Pass will be needed for day-use visits by vehicle.
When planning a trip to a state park, please recreate responsibly:
1. Know Before You Go: Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don’t go. If it’s crowded, have a backup plan.
2. Plan Ahead: Prepare for facilities to be closed, pack lunch, and bring essentials like hand sanitizer and a face covering.
3. Explore Locally: Limit long-distance travel and make use of local parks, trails, and public spaces. Be mindful of your impact on the communities you visit.
4. Practice Physical Distancing: Keep your group size small. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you are sick, stay home.
5. Play It Safe: Slow down and choose lower-risk activities to reduce your risk of injury. Search and rescue operations and health care resources are both strained.
6. Leave No Trace: Respect public lands and communities and take all your garbage with you.
7. Help Build an Inclusive Outdoors: Be an active part of making the outdoors safe and welcoming for all identities and abilities.