Time: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm Doors open at 11:30 AM, Lunch is served at 11:45 AM, Program begins at 12:10 PM Doors open at 11:30 AM Lunch is served at 11:45 AM Program begins at 12:10 PM Cost: Presale $13 members, $18 non-members, $5 Young Adults (29 or younger)
Tickets available Jan 5 @ https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4484611 Location:
Northwood Hall 3420 Northwest Ave Bellingham, WA Contact:
Tanya Baumgart firstname.lastname@example.org (360) 671-5172 Event Categories:
Bellingham City Club, a forum for community engagement, is hosting a panel from the City of Bellingham’s Climate Action Task Force at the January meeting. The public is invited to join members for the program following lunch at Northwood Hall, 3240 Northwest Ave, Bellingham. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 22. Tickets are available via Brown Paper Tickets and on our website at bellinghamcityclub.org.
In May of 2018 the Bellingham City Council passed Resolution 2018-06 to create the Climate Action Plan Task Force to develop recommendations to achieve accelerated 100% renewable energy targets, taking into account financial, technological and societal challenges resulting from such a transition. This limited-term Task Force has the following directives:
• Adopt a triple bottom line, plus technology philosophy
• Determine feasibility, costs and impacts of the 100% renewable energy ambitions
• Develop 100% renewable energy targets
• Identify funding mechanisms and develop a plan to achieve the Task Force’s recommended 100% renewable targets
• Develop accelerated greenhouse gas emissions targets for the Council to consider for adoption
• Identify policy considerations to attain accelerated targets
Members of the Task Force will explain their recommendations and answer questions following the presentation. City Club members may ask their questions first, and then, time permitting, guests will have an opportunity.