February is the month for love, and ideas for celebrating are plentiful in Bellingham and Whatcom County.
- Wine & Cheese Package: Book this package any day of the week and at check-in receive a certificate for a bottle of wine and a cheese plate to be used at Galloway’s, located right off the lobby! Choose from a bottle of red or white complimented by a plate of finely selected cheeses in our deco-era cocktail bar. Cheers!
- Address: 1200 10th Street, Bellingham
- fairhavenvillageinn.com | 877-733-1100 | 360-733-1311
- Romance Package: Enjoy a one-night stay in a luxurious guest room which features a natural gas fireplace and an over-sized air-jetted tub for your in-room enjoyment. What better way than to enjoy romantic roses, a bath bomb, Prosecco, and chocolate covered strawberries in our luxury hotel. Rates starting from $244 + tax. This package can be added on to any room reservation for $65!
- Address: 1 Bellwether Way, Bellingham
- hotelbellwether.com | 360-392-3100 | 877-411-1200
- Romance Package: Why not plan a special night with your extra special someone? Package includes your choice of wine, champagne or sparkling cider, gourmet chocolates, keepsake wine glasses, wine opener and tote bag.
- Address: 4051 Meridian Street, Bellingham
- oxfordsuitesbellingham.com | 360-676-1400 | 844-676-1400
- Sweetheart Dinner at Chuckanut Brewery and Kitchen– Enjoy one appetizer, two entrees and one shared dessert. Reserve now at 360-752-3377.
- Oyster, Cider & Dessert – Thousand Acre Cider is teaming up with Paellaworks and Antler Bakery to bring you an evening of love, delicious food and cider. Paellaworks will start grilling oysters at 5 p.m. and will keep going until they are all gone or it reaches 9 p.m. whichever comes first.
- Sparkling Wine Valentine Dinner – B-Town Kitchen and Raw Bar’s Executive Chef Bryce Lamb has created a multi-course dinner paired with specialty sparkling wine. Reserve now at 360-392-6520.
- Valentine’s Day in the Piano Lounge – Join the Jansen Art Center in Lynden for a night of musical impersonations featuring Dino Markus as Elvis, Bill De Groot as Roy Orbison, and Janelle Rodriguez as Patsy Cline.
Sweets for your sweetie? The finest grade Callebaut chocolate is imported from Belgium to create a full range of truffles at Chocolate Necessities in downtown Bellingham. Bring your sweetheart into the shop to experience a taste-test, and a warm mug of drinking chocolate (drink of the Gods), as well as wine tasting and Italian gelato.
Also located in downtown Bellingham is Pure Bliss Desserts, specializing in cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Every dessert is made from scratch and can be enjoyed alongside a glass of Port, Champagne, Wine or Mead. Bellingham is also home to Evolve Chocolates located on the second floor of Village Books in Historic Fairhaven District.
Known for their aphrodisiac power, oysters are grown in the local waters near Bellingham and are best to eat in months containing the letter “r” (January-April, September-December). That makes February prime oyster-eating season for couples in every budget category.
- Low-budget (and possibly the most romantic): go directly to the source. Take a mid-day outing to Taylor Shellfish Farm on Chuckanut Drive. Bring your own tablecloth, plates, silverware and picnic sides. Purchase fresh oysters in the little farm store, spread out your feast on the picnic tables around back overlooking Samish Bay, and barbecue them on the spot.
- Mid-range budget: For an amazing oyster feast in a funky-fun location, try the Rock and Rye Oyster House in downtown Bellingham. This is a classic cocktail bar, which takes pride in its selection of unique drinks, as well as its selection of local oysters.
- High-budget: Make a reservation at the Oyster Bar on Chuckanut Drive, located on the cliff above Taylor Shellfish. This gorgeous venue also overlooks Samish Bay. Get there before sunset for great views through the evergreens. Here the chef prepares a gorgeous array of oysters on the half shell, as well as baked oysters, fried oysters, and variety of gourmet seafood dishes from halibut and salmon to abalone and lobster.
Steak & Lobster
The Steakhouse at Silver Reef was voted Best of the Northwest and has won awards from Wine Spectator for multiple years. The mood lighting in this restaurant is perfect for romance, and the food is phenomenal. Enjoy a private booth for two and select from the extensive wine list. For extra romance, try a variety of entrees personally prepared by your server at the table, including the Ceasar salad, Chateaubriand for Two, Steak Diane, or Steak Au Poivre. The steak & lobster is prepared in the kitchen but romantically served under a silver dome. Be sure to see the amazing dessert cart as well.
Dirty Dan Harris Steakhouse has been a staple in the Historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham for nearly 42 years. They have been serving up the finest custom-aged beef, prime rib, wild caught seafood, salmon, local produce and premium wine and spirits.
Sunsets Over Bellingham Bay
Two upscale waterfront hotels in Bellingham offer amazing views of Bellingham Bay from their guest rooms – the perfect place to romantically watch the sunset. At The Chrysalis Inn & Spa, each bay view guest room has a window seat, fireplace, two-person tub, walk-in shower and spa amenities. Have a bottle of champagne delivered to your room and call it a night. Hotel Bellwether features a 3-story Lighthouse Suite, with a private 360-degree observation deck, living room, kitchen, powder room and fireplace. Cook a romantic dinner while watching the sun go down in style!
Spas for Two
If romance means being pampered from head to toe, a signature spa treatment may be just the ticket. Whatcom County is home to two hotels with full-service spas, each with unique offerings.
- Couples Massage at Chrysalis Inn & Spa. Spend some relaxing time with your partner or a friend and enjoy your choice of our massage experiences in an adjoining room.
- Couples Hot Stone Massage at Silver Reef Casino Hotel Spa. A Native American tradition, hot stone massage has the ability to increase circulation; providing full mind and body relaxation. Silver Reef Spa uses heated river stones in combination with luxurious massage oil, massaging the body from head to toe. You and your special someone can enjoy a relaxing one-hour massage, side by side in one of our lovely treatment rooms.
Transport yourself to Italy with a trip to Ferndale’s Leader Block Wine Co. for some unforgettable dishes! Known globally as a top destination for wine lovers, Leader Block is the perfect Valentine’s Day experience.
Other date spots:
- Aslan Brewing Co. is always the perfect go-to for a date night, or just to hang out. Food, beers, and smiles all in one spot. Call for further questions, (360) 393-4106.
- Boundary Bay Brewery is a relaxed brewpub that attracts many who want a low-key date night. Their food, beer and their location is always a great spot for Valentine’s Day. We recommend calling before you venture down, for more information call (360) 647-5593.
- Busara Thai Cuisine. Nothing more says date-night than enjoying some Thai food. Whether it is take-out or dine in, we recommend checking out Buscara in Sehome Village. Be sure to call before you head out, just in case. For more information, call (360) 734-8088.
- Colophon Cafe is located in Fairhaven, as a long time cafe known for their creative soups, salads and other global fare treats and desserts. For more information, call (360) 647-0092.
- Culture Cafe – Kombucha Town is Bellingham’s local kombucha producers. They also have Culture Cafe, where you can grab a pint, specialty kombucha cocktail, and healthy late-night food options. For more information, call (360)746-6558
- D’Anna’s Cafe Italiano is a classic date spot in Bellingham. Amazing food, wine and handmade pasta, bread and other favorites! For more information, call (360) 714-0188
- Fat Pie Pizza is also located in the Historic Fairhaven district in Bellingham. As a relaxed Italian eatery that features pizza, pasta and cocktail specials, we highly recommend checking this place out. For more information, call (360) 366-8090
- The Loft is located down by the harbor in Bellingham. Their specials include cocktail deals, salads, appetizers and specials for full bottles of wine. For more information, call (360) 306-5668.
- Chihuahua’s Mexican Restaurant, located in Ferndale is another recommendation for a date-night any night. With their festive cantina and tasty meals, you truly can’t go wrong. For more information call, (360) 384-5820
- Bellewood Farms is a great spot learn about anything about apples, with a market, gift shop and distillery tour. They are Washington’s first farm to glass distillery. For more information call (360) 318-7720 or go here.
- Overflow Taps is a new date spot to Lynden. Their passion for connecting craft beer and wine to enthusiasts to a meaningful cause is what keeps us coming back. You are able to order food from local Lynden restaurants too. For more information, call (360)788-2033