The Inaugural Blaine Kite Day in Whatcom County will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at Blaine Marine Park. All levels of experience and ages are invited to share in the fun of flying a kite.
The skies will be alive with color as experienced and novice kite fliers catch the breeze over Semiahmoo Bay from Blaine Marine Park. There will be members from kiting clubs around the Pacific Northwest and B.C., Canada who will show off their skills and flying artwork, as well as assist young fliers to get their kites flying high and true. Club fliers will also have opportunities for some ‘hands on time’ with their own creations.
A ‘Kites for Kids’ booth and volunteer kite makers will be available to provide small kites for younger visitors (recommended age: 7 and younger).
For kids 7 and over and adults to participate, our kite fliers recommend purchasing a moderately sized, single line kite to use at the event.*
Some of our supporting NW kite vendors who offer a variety of reasonably priced and fun to fly kites are:
- Ocean Shores Kites, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-289-4103
- Elemental Kites, elementalkites.com , Patrick@elementalkites.com 425-444-6007
- Northwest Winds Kites, email@example.com, 541-994-1004
- The Kite Shoppe, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com 360-997-0074
- REI in Bellingham, WA 400 36th St. (360) 647-8955,
- Fairhaven Toy Garden, 909 Harrison Ave. 360-714-8552
This day of kiting is sponsored by the Blaine Chamber of Commerce and the Washington Kiteflier’s Association (WKA)
To learn more about Blaine Kite Day activities, contact Donna Raimey, Program and Events Coordinator, Blaine Chamber of Commerce at 360-332-6484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the WKA through it’s “Contact Us” page at www.wa-kitefliers.org.
For more Blaine event information: www.blainechamber.com