As a partnership between two Washington leaders in the wine industry, Chateau St. Michelle and Marchesi Antinori, Col Solare Winery will join guests at Semiahmoo Resort’s Pierside Kitchen for the Col Solare Vintner Dinner on April, 7, 2017. The reception will start at 5:30 p.m. and dinner seating will begin at 6pm. The cost is $145 per person.
Col Solare’s winemaker Darrell Allwine will visit from the winery’s location in southwest Washington to lead guests through the pairings of the vintner dinner. As a U.S. Air Force veteran, Allwine’s passion for wine started while traveling in Germany after touring the Mosel and Rheingau wine regions. When he returned to his native home of Washington state after 20 years of service, he began as a cellar worker at Columbia Crest Winery and quickly rose through the ranks.
In 2007, the partners built the winery on Red Mountain due to its terrain, nutrient soil and warm weather – the ideal qualities for their signature reds. Col Solare is known for its cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, merlot and syrah. The state-of-the-art cellar allows Allwine to use a variety of techniques to create wines rich in flavor with an elegant finish.
Here is what you can expect for dinner:
- The first course begins with rare Ahi tuna with spring vegetable fricassee, paired with 2014 Guado al Tasso vermentino.
- The second course features pan-seared sea scallops with crispy veal sweet bread, brown butter gnocchi and lobster cream broth, paired with 2014 Marchesi Antinori “Peppoli” Chianti Classico.
- The third course includes bison tenderloin carpaccio with white asparagus, warm morels, white truffle oil and artisan mustard paired with 2014 Guado al Tasso “Il Bruciato” red blend.
- The fourth course features roasted rack of lamb with bone marrow and black truffle hash, garlic confit and thyme jus paired with 2013 Col Solare red blend.
- Lastly, or dessert, guests can enjoy Twin Sisters Creamery Whatcom bleu cheese with dried blueberries, pistachio apricot jam and biscotti paired with 2011 Santa Cristina vin santo della valdichiana.
For more information about Semiahmoo Resort, please visit http://www.semiahmoo.com or call (855) 917-3767.