It’s high summer at the Whatcom Art Market in Bellingham. Come see the artists, and be wowed. The market is filled with pieces from 45 local artists, and rotating demonstrations by our weekly featured artist.
A co-op gallery featuring local artists from Skagit, Whatcom, and the San Juan Islands. We strive to keep the gallery fresh with a constant rotation of pieces so stop by often to get a fresh/new experience with each visit to the gallery.
Come and enjoy the company of many of these artists at the Fairhaven Fourth Friday Art Walk on August 25.
Here are the dates for the featured artists:
- Wed. Aug 2 – Sunday, Aug. 6: Karen VerBurg, acrylic painter, urban sketcher and plein aire painter, demonstrating Fri. Aug. 4, 11:00-2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 9 – Sunday, Aug. 13: Beth Roberson, a water color painter, demonstrating Sat. Aug. 12, 11:00n a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 16 – Sunday, Aug. 20: Kay Dee Powell, a painter on silk and canvas, demonstrating silk painting Sat. Aug. 19, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23 – Sunday, Aug. 27: Maria Monks, a painter in oils. Maria is the featured artist for the Art Walk, demonstrating oil painting 6 p.m. -8 p.m., Fri. Aug. 25
- Wednesday, August 30 – Sun. Sept. 3: Lorraine Day, a photographer of local Whatcom County scenes, demonstrating computer enhancement of her photographs, Sat. Sept. 2, 11:00-2:00 pm
Bring your out-of-town visitors and show them the best display of Whatcom’s art. The Art Market is at 1103 11th Street, Bellingham, WA and we are open Wednesday through Sunday every week, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We are open for extended hours for the Fairhaven Art Walk, held on the fourth Friday of every month. The next one will be on August 25, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.