Whatcom County Parks & Recreation’s Maple Creek Campground at Silver Lake Park reopens to the public today, August 30th 2019, after being closed since January 2019 for park improvements.
The Silver Lake Maple Creek Campground Improvement Project included:
- Reconstructing approximately 4,300 linear feet of campground roads
- Improving stormwater treatment
- Installing new water lines and electrical distribution system
- Renovating or reconstructing 49 campsites with new surfacing, power and water connections, picnic tables and fire rings. This includes three fully ADA accessible sites.
- Enhancing accessibility
- Constructing internal pedestrian trails
- Removing hazard trees
- Completing site preparation for installation of future shower and restroom facilities
- Installing wayfinding signage
- Installing restoration plantings
Reservations for the campground can be booked online at: https://secure.itinio.com/whatcom/silver-lake