Whatcom County offers a variety of transportation options to help you get where you need to go.
The Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) is our local bus system with more than 30 routes that link Whatcom County communities.
- Airporter Shuttle transports passengers to and from SeaTac Airport, the Washington State Ferry dock at Anacortes and several other destinations along the I-5 corridor.
- Quick Shuttle transports passengers arriving and departing from Canada only (Vancouver, B.C./Bellingham/Seattle).
- Greyhound departs from the Fairhaven Station four times a day to downtown Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.
- Bolt bus offers daily service connecting Bellingham to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.
- Charter buses are offered by Hesselgrave International.
Yellow Cab service is available throughout Bellingham, as well as between Bellingham and Seattle or Vancouver, B.C. See contact info below.
Rental cars in Bellingham are available through Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz. Town car service is offered by Evergreen Town Car. Passenger vans can also be rented through Fountain Rental. See links below.
Uber service is available throughout Bellingham, as well as to and from Bellingham International Airport.
Amtrak service connects Bellingham with Seattle, Portland OR and Eugene OR to the south, as well as Vancouver, B.C. to the north. Two northbound and two southbound trains depart Bellingham daily. Trains depart at the Fairhaven Station (I-5 Exit 250).
For pricing information and tickets, call (800) USA-RAIL or (360) 734-8851 (operated during the times the train is in station), or visit the Amtrak Cascades website.
Staying in Bellingham?
- Hotel Packages and Special Rates in the Bellingham Region
- Park and Fly Hotel Packages in Bellingham
- Hotel/Motel options in Bellingham
- Bed & Breakfast/Vacation Rentals in Bellingham
- Camping/RV Parks in and around Bellingham
Ground Transportation Resources
WTA is Whatcom County’s safe, reliable and friendly public transit system. Discover popular destinations within Bellingham or visit neighboring communities in Whatcom County. Check out our easy online trip planner at www.ridewta.com. Or give us a call at 360-676-7433.
Quick Shuttle operates daily scheduled coach service between Vancouver BC and the Bellingham Airport. For scheduled information or to make a booking visit us at www.quickcoach.com or call 1-800-665-2122.
Fountain Rental & Leasing is your local, family-owned business specializing in rentals and sales of a variety of vehicles. In our rental fleet, we have cars, passenger vans, pickup and flatbed trucks, moving vans with ramps or power liftgates, dump trucks, refrigerated trucks, and motorhomes.
Dozens of NW rental car locations, including Bellingham Airport and Downtown Bellingham. We will pick you up at the Amtrack Station, Ferry Terminal or hotel, no extra charge! Give us a call for great service, low rates & special weekend promotions.
Airporter Shuttle offers 11 convenient round trips a day to Seatac. Sit back and relax in the comfort of one of our luxury motor coaches and take the stress out of driving. Fast, economical, and on time.
Bellair Charters offers group transportation throughout the Northwest; we can help create a great experience and take care of all the details.