Whatcom County offers a variety of transportation options to help you get where you need to go.
The Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) is our local bus system with more than 30 routes that link Whatcom County communities.
- Airporter Shuttle transports passengers to and from SeaTac Airport, the Washington State Ferry dock at Anacortes and several other destinations along the I-5 corridor.
- Quick Shuttle transports passengers arriving and departing from Canada only (Vancouver, B.C./Bellingham/Seattle).
- Greyhound departs from the Fairhaven Station four times a day to downtown Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.
- Bolt bus offers daily service connecting Bellingham to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.
- Charter buses are offered by Hesselgrave International.
Yellow Cab service is available throughout Bellingham, as well as between Bellingham and Seattle or Vancouver, B.C. See contact info below.
Rental cars in Bellingham are available through Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz. Town car service is offered by Evergreen Town Car. Passenger vans can also be rented through Fountain Rental. See links below.
Uber service is available throughout Bellingham, as well as to and from Bellingham International Airport.
Amtrak connects Bellingham with Everett, Seattle, Portland OR and Eugene OR to the south, as well as Vancouver, B.C. to the north. Two northbound and two southbound trains depart Bellingham daily at the Fairhaven Station (I-5 Exit 250). Tickets and pricing information at: (800) USA-RAIL or (360) 734-8851. 401 Harris Ave. • Bellingham, WA 98225 • 360-734-8851 • amtrakcascades.com
For pricing information and tickets, call (800) USA-RAIL or (360) 734-8851 (operated during the times the train is in station), or visit the Amtrak Cascades website.
Staying in Bellingham?
- Hotel Packages and Special Rates in the Bellingham Region
- Park and Fly Hotel Packages in Bellingham
- Hotel/Motel options in Bellingham
- Bed & Breakfast/Vacation Rentals in Bellingham
- Camping/RV Parks in and around Bellingham
Ground Transportation Resources
Airporter Shuttle/Bellair Charters Airporter Shuttle offers 11 convenient round trips a day to/from SeaTac to Bellingham and other Whatcom County locations with stops at the Seattle Convention Center and Paine Field Airport. Fast, economical, and on time. Offering group transportation throughout the Northwest; we can help create a great experience and take care of all the details.
Fountain Rental & Leasing is your local, family-owned business specializing in rentals and sales of a variety of vehicles. In our rental fleet, we have cars, passenger vans, pickup and flatbed trucks, moving vans with ramps or power liftgates, dump trucks, refrigerated trucks, and motorhomes.
WTA is Whatcom County’s safe, reliable and friendly public transit system. Discover popular destinations within Bellingham or visit neighboring communities in Whatcom County. Check out our easy online trip planner at www.ridewta.com. Or give us a call at 360-676-7433.
Quick Shuttle operates daily scheduled coach service between Vancouver BC and the Bellingham Airport. For scheduled information or to make a booking visit us at www.quickcoach.com or call 1-800-665-2122.