Check out our current Travel Advisory for local travel restrictions including COVID-19 related guidelines.
Nothing beats Bellingham and Whatcom County in the spring. Whether you’re looking to get outside or spend the day indoors, Whatcom County is full of spring events and activities.
Get outdoors and take advantage of the amazing hiking, biking and fishing around Whatcom County. It’s a perfect time to take a scenic drive or go golfing. Bellingham also has a variety of theater, music, museum and galleries to choose from for those rainy spring days.
Want more events? Check out our event calendar or annual events for a monthly list of events during the spring season. Or stop by our Visitors Center for even more ideas on things to do in the spring.
Just For Spring
- What does springtime on the farm mean? Find out at our Spring Itinerary in Whatcom County.
- Every March over 200 vendors come together for the Whatcom County Home and Garden Show at the Northwest Washington Fairgrounds in Lynden.
- If crafts are more your style, the Spring Craft and Antique Show is held at the Northwest Washington Fairgrounds every March.
- Top O’ The Morning To Ya! The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown Bellingham is a fun event for the whole family. You can also pull our your favorite green shirt for the annual 2-5 mile Runnin’ O’ the Green.
- Join the celebration in March for Wings over Water, the Pacific Northwest’s premier bird watch at Drayton Harbor.
- Celebrate Dirty Dan Harris, founder of Fairhaven, at Fairhaven’s Dirty Dan Day & Seafood Festival in April with live music, contests, family games, vendors and much more.
- See the accomplishments of many students in the annual Bellingham Technical College Welding Rodeo in May, with vendor booths, sculptures, public welding opportunities and more.
- 500 teams of eight competing in a relay of seven different local sports. Ski to Sea begins at the Mount Baker Ski area and ends at Bellingham’s Marine Park.
- After Ski to Sea, head over to Historic Fairhaven for their all-day festival, Fairhaven Festival.
Check out our blogs for more insider tips on Whatcom in the spring.
- 9 Dog-friendly Breweries and Bars in Bellingham
- Do a Cocktail Crawl in Fairhaven
- Exploring the Hidden Treasures in Whatcom Falls Park
- My Ideal Day in Bellingham – 10 Must Do’s
- Sip and Stay: Hotels with Beer Packages in Bellingham
- SKI to SEA Kicks Off Race Season in Bellingham and 12 Weeks of Summer Events
- Seaside Discovery: Low Tide at Larrabee State Park
- Soaking in Nature – Hiking around Fragrance Lake