Why? The reasons are many. Member benefits and opportunities abound. Membership at the Bureau enables you to tap into the over $705 million visitor industry in Whatcom County.
Are you a Whatcom County business wanting to keep in the know? Sign up here for our industry communications for Whatcom County businesses and organizations. To view previous member highlight examples from e-newsletters, go here.
It’s easy to become a member & worth it too! Fill out our Membership Form.
- Referrals from Bureau staff and volunteers in response to convention and tourism-related inquiries.
- Networking Opportunities at regularly scheduled events offer new ways to market your business.
- Sales Missions, conducted by our sales department, enables you to cost effectively market your company nationally and internationally.
- Bureau Mailings keep you informed about the visitor industry and Bureau programs.
- Educational Workshops and Presentations allow your business to engage more deeply in the visitor industry.
- Investment in the economic development of our region. Your membership dues provide the Bureau with the means to competitively market Bellingham Whatcom County as a visitor destination.
- Additional co-op member marketing opportunities. There’s even more co-op marketing channels offered to members that take businesses to the next level.
Did you know that we offer many ways to advertise your business, some of them for absolutely FREE?
Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism is proud to provide its members with a variety of marketing, advertising and media exposure opportunities throughout the year. Take advantage of our targeted outreach to visitors and potential visitors, to travel writers and editors, and to local residents looking for things to do and places to visit.
Advertising opportunities include:
- Internet Advertising
- Visitors Guide
- Relocation Packet Inserts
- We also offer public relations opportunities through our Travel Writer Introductions & Media Tours and invite our members to participate in Trade Show Partnerships.
For more information on all of these opportunities, please contact Eric Rainaud-Hinds, email@example.com.
“I am so glad I found Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism. The staff is very accessible and eager to help whenever I have a question. Since becoming a member, a large percentage of my customers has come from them.”
Linda Gray, Owner of Northwest Guided Tours
“As a local business owner of a yoga studio and healing spa in Ferndale, I recently became a member of Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism. I was looking for a smart and effective way to spend my advertising dollars and I couldn’t be any happier. I have seen measurable results for my business immediately after joining and my membership has paid for itself many-fold in the amount of exposure and clients in the door. It’s only been two months and with my experience so far I expect to be a long time member of Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism.”
Alyssa Springs, Owner of Flow Motion
“I feel that being a member of Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism is truly the best marketing that I have ever done for my business. My brochure is on your wall for out of town visitor and local residents to see, plus my information goes out in every relocation packet that they send out. I have already had great responses from out of town buyers who have received these packets.”
Lesli Beasley, Windermere Real Estate
“We want to take a minute before too much time goes by and express our thanks and gratitude to you for signing us up as members! You have been super helpful (including responding quickly even when you were on vacation!) and super patient with my redundant questions. Took a look at a similar sized community and joining their visitor’s association and it’s not quite the same. You spoiled us dang it! Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism is a great value for the membership and you’re helping us realize our potential as a new business!”
Ray & Joey, Owners of The Bigfoot Adventure