Are you creatively exhausted finding things to do at home? Tired of not having the right supplies for projects? Not motivated to exercise the past few gloomy weeks? Bellingham Parks & Recreation has just what you need with a variety of brand new, interactive and virtual programs!
Camp at Home
Youth ages 6 to 12 will experience seven (7) amazing weeks of wild themes and storylines full of fun projects and one-on-one interaction with our virtual camp counselors! Campers are the main characters on unique and outrageous adventures…one week could have them visiting Peru and sampling Inca Kola on Mars then the next week could have them making things to donate to Whatcom Feline Alliance and the Alternative Humane Society! Registration includes arts and craft supplies delivered right to your doorstep!
- Days/Dates: Monday-Friday from July 6-August 21
- Ages: 6-12
- Cost: $40 per week
- Details here: https://www.cob.org/services/recreation/activities/Pages/Summer-Camp.aspx
Super Duper Distance Challenge or Padden Challenge
Are you missing our community’s fun 5ks, triathlons and marathons? Bellingham Parks & Recreation has a variety of fun challenges for all ages and abilities. Each challenge has participants completing their own choice of distance, on their own day and time. Grab a friend or family member and get moving! Registration includes a shirt and a medal too!
- Days/Dates: July 1-September 7; register by July 19
- Ages: 8 and older
- Location: Your choice
- Cost: $20 pick up or $25 if we ship shirt and medal
- Super Duper Distance Challenge: http://apm.activecommunities.com/bellingham/Activity_Search/6389
- Padden Challenge: https://apm.activecommunities.com/bellingham/Activity_Search/padden-challenge/6390
Spin Dance at Home
Need some dance therapy? Every third Monday of the month the Max Higbee Center and Bellingham Parks & Recreation offer a special Spin Dance at Home for individuals with disabilities. If you are 14 or older this is the place to be! Each fabulous party stars professional DJ Aireekah of Glitt3r Lyfe. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Days/Dates: July 20, August 17
- Ages: 14+
- Time: 6-8 p.m.
- Location: Online but please register for each session. Your receipt will have the Zoom link and password.
- Cost: Free
Virtual Painting Classes
Participants will have fun putting brush to canvas and following easy step-by-step instructions as they create their own masterpiece. Youth will paint “Seas the Day” and teens and adults will paint “Gnome-aste”. Registration includes all supplies delivered to your door.
Let Bellingham Parks & Recreation make your family’s summer a little more fun with our brand new, do-it-yourself family activity kits. Each themed kit contains supplies, instructions and inspiration for families to create their own crafts together. And best of all…. everything is delivered to your home.
- Register here: http://apm.activecommunities.com/bellingham/Activity_Search/6385
- Complete line up of programs: https://apm.activecommunities.com/bellingham