The Northwest Washington Fair will return to Lynden, Washington in 2021 from Thursday, Aug. 12 to Saturday, Aug. 21. The Fair Board of Directors approved the expansion to 10 days earlier this month, concluding several years of studying the issue.
“This move will position us to better fulfill our mission of providing agricultural education, positive competition, wholesome entertainment and lasting memories,” said Nate Kleindel, President of the Fair Board.
The Northwest Washington Fair consulted a wide array of business and community partners before deciding to move ahead with a 10-day fair, according to CEO Chris Pickering. Additions to the 2021 Fair include:
- A split livestock show that will allow exhibitors a chance to enjoy the fair.
- A Sunday morning worship service in the grandstand with free fair admission before 10 a.m. Vendor booths will be allowed to close on Sunday.
- A free kids’ play area featuring STEM activities and exotic animals.
- Discounted gate admission Monday through Wednesday.
- Discounted “Season Passes” good for all 10 days of the Fair.
Some of the 2021 grandstand entertainment will be announced this week as part of the Virtual Vendor Village at www.nwwafair.com. This online event will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 17-22, 2020, featuring many of the vendors who regularly have booths at the fair, a magician, a trivia night, and daily 2021 Fair announcements at 1 p.m.