High school students, parents, family members, and those interested in pursuing higher education are invited to learn more about Whatcom Community College at Whatcom V.E.I.W. (Virtual Interactive Experience Week) Monday, May 17 – Friday, May 21. Students who attend a session will be entered into a raffle to win one of several $500 WCC scholarships.
Throughout the week, free and virtual events will be available for prospective students and parents to meet some of WCC’s professors and student mentors, learn about academic programs and majors, ask questions about enrolling and paying for college, and become acquainted with the services and student activities WCC offers. Session highlights include:
- An opportunity to visit campus for a safe, socially distanced self-guided tour on May 17.
- A parent session offered in Spanish at 6 p.m. on May 19.
- Overviews of academic programs such as cybersecurity, engineering, nursing, sociology, and visual communications.
- Information sessions on Financial Aid, Running Start, on-campus housing, and sustainability.
- Learn from BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) student leaders about their college experiences and helpful resources.
- Livestreams of the men’s and women’s basketball and soccer games.
Learn more and register online at www.whatcom.edu/view. Pre-registration is appreciated, but not required.
Whatcom Community College in Bellingham, WA is regularly recognized as one of the top 150 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute. The College, a destination for cybersecurity, healthcare and business studies, offers two bachelor of applied science degrees, transfer degrees, career and workforce preparation, online courses, and community education classes. WCC is sharing stories of community, success, and support in April to help celebrate Community College Month. Follow along at #CCMonth. For more information, visit www.whatcom.edu.