The low-barrier drive-through testing site at the Civic Field Stadium parking lot in Bellingham will operate again on Friday and Saturday, July 17 and 18. The site will be open for COVID-19 testing from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Anyone can get tested for COVID-19 at the drive-through site. During this pilot, no appointments will be scheduled. To be tested, enter the Civic Athletic Complex on Puget Street via Fraser St. You will be instructed where to drive. Do not exit your vehicle, and follow all instructions at the site to ensure the safety of workers, volunteers, and others seeking testing. Please be prepared to wait in line. No public restrooms are available at the site.
Those who come to the testing site should know:
- Lines will be long, possibly up to two to three hours. To make sure you can get tested, plan to arrive by 1:30 pm to get a spot in line.
- Do not bring pets. Pets cannot be tested at this site and may be disruptive during the sample collection
- For the safety of yourself and others, do not get out of your car.
- No one will be turned away from testing if they cannot access a vehicle. If you do not have a vehicle and your only option is to arrive at the site on foot or bike, follow instructions from site volunteers to get tested, and wear a mask at all times.
- Follow along on the Whatcom County Health Department and Whatcom Unified Command Facebook pages to stay updated on testing site information on Friday and Saturday.
Individuals seeking testing should bring personal identification and their insurance card if they have one. People without insurance will also be tested, and the cost will be covered by a Health Resources and Services Administration program. Individuals who do not have a form of identification will also be tested. Personal information is collected only for the purpose of communicating with individuals about their test results.
Test results will be available within 72 hours of the test. Those who test positive will be notified by a phone call; those who test negative will receive a text message.
The testing site is staffed by WCHD employees, other County and City of Bellingham employees, and volunteers organized through WUC. Medically trained volunteers from the Medical Reserve Corps will assist with testing processes, with additional WUC volunteers performing other essential duties.
The City of Bellingham is providing the site at Civic Athletic Complex for this event.
More information about the drive-through testing site is available at https://www.whatcomcounty.us/covidtesting.