With an abundance of nature just outside our doors, camping is among the most popular summer activities for families in Bellingham and Whatcom County.
The region is home to two beautiful Washington State Parks near the water:
- Larrabee State Park to the south of Bellingham on Chuckanut Drive
- Birch Bay State Park to the north of Bellingham.
- Silver Lake Park located in the Mount Baker Foothills, accessible from the Mt. Baker Highway and Silver Lake Road.
- Read Todd’s Insider Blog – Boating, Fishing, Picnicking and Camping at Silver Lake Park.
- Lighthouse Marine Park at Point Roberts
National Forest land occupies much of the eastern side of Whatcom County and is maintained by the U.S. Forest Service. Camping is available at numerous campgrounds at Baker Lake, including:
- Horseshoe Cove Campground
- Read Hilary’s Insider Blog – Family Camping Fun at Baker Lake.
- Boulder Creek Campground
- Panorama Point Campground
- Park Creek Campground
- Shannon Creek Campground
Backcountry camping is also accessible in the Mount Baker – Snoqualmie National Forest.
The North Cascades Learning Center
The North Cascades Learning Center also offers a camp-like experience for those who like to be outdoors, but also enjoy the comforts of lodging. Read Todd’s Insider Blog – Roughing It at North Cascades Environmental Learning Center.
Camping/RV Parks Resources
Oostema Farmstead Inn Campground. Park your RV or pitch a tent. You will have a fabulous view of the sweeping farmlands and the mountains. The sites are located in our back yard /garden area, grassy sites with Full Hookups or just for a tent.
High Camp at Willowbrook Manor offers a glamour-camping (Glamping) experience steeped with elegance and charm. You will luxuriate in a British Safari-like atmosphere that guests say is “absolutely magical”. It is the perfect romantic getaway for two!
Located eight miles north of Bellingham, Hidden Village RV Park & Campground is a rural park with grassy pull thru sites, shaded spots, heated pool, camping cabins & tent sites. Our pull-thrus feature 50 amp service, cable TV, and Free WIFI.
Featuring a variety of cedar-lined sites that can accommodate any size rig, from the small pop up to “big rig”. Tent sites are also available. Heated pool, playground, general store, beer and wine store, recreation rooms and library, as well as activities such as badminton, volleyball and horseshoes.