Fairhaven Historic District is known of its colorful 19th-century architecture and history, as well as for its artsy shops and cafes. Located on the north end of Chuckanut Drive, within the southern city limits of Bellingham, Fairhaven is a lively visitor destination and residential community. Stay in boutique lodging and walk to locally-owned boutiques and outdoor recreation.
Many red brick buildings of Fairhaven’s Victorian-era survive in the federally designated historic district. Most of these are now home to a variety of unique local businesses, art galleries, restaurants and pubs and one of the best independent bookstores in the nation.
Shopping in Fairhaven
Fairhaven’s relaxed vibe makes it a perfect spot to spend leisurely days boutique shopping. Must see shops include:
Eating in Fairhaven
Sidewalk dining, local ingredients, and cozy atmosphere are the norm in the historic district. Here are some suggestions on where to eat in Fairhaven:
Hotels in Fairhaven
Hugging the southern shoreline of Bellingham Bay, the Fairhaven District is connected to downtown Bellingham by Taylor Dock. Bellingham has three boutique waterfront hotels – two in Fairhaven and one in Squalicum Harbor near Downtown Bellingham.
Fairhaven Village Inn 1200 10th Street, (360)733-1311
- Wine and Cheese Package: Book this package any day of the week and at check-in receive a certificate for a bottle of wine and a cheese plate to be used at Galloway’s, located right off the lobby! Choose from a bottle of red or white complimented by a plate of finely selected cheeses in our deco-era cocktail bar. Cheers!
Chrysalis Inn and Spa 804 10th Street, (360)756-1005, (888)808-0005
- The Trifecta Package: Triple the luxury of your stay with this all-inclusive package that features a one night stay, $50 credit in the Spa, and $20 credit in Keenan’s at the Pier restaurant. Available 7 days a week.
- Bed & Brew Package: Add to any room type any day of the week for $30! Includes two glasses of local beer on tap from Keenan’s at the Pier, two 22 oz bottles of Boundary Bay Brewery IPA, two-pint glasses from Wander Brewing, two truffles from Evolve Chocolate, and Bellingham Tap Trail maps to local breweries.
Hotel Bellwether 1 Bellwether Way, 360-392-3100, 877-411-1200
- Romance Package: Enjoy a one-night stay in a luxurious guest room which features a natural gas fireplace and an over-sized air-jetted tub for your in-room enjoyment. What better way than to enjoy romantic roses, a bath bomb, Prosecco, and chocolate covered strawberries in our luxury hotel. Rates starting from $244 + tax. This package can be added on to any room reservation for $65!
- Preferred Suites’ Executive Discount Rate: Treat yourself to Luxury this Fall/Winter season with an exclusive discount for a two-night minimum stay in one of Hotel Bellwether’s Expansive Junior or Signature Suites. Offer valid for 2-night minimum stays with arrival dates Sunday-Thursday.
- Lover’s Secret Hideaway Escape: Offer valid Sun-Thur; 09/03-10/31 only. Enjoy a special $179 rate (regularly priced $209-$299) for our Plaza-view rooms, incl. a Split of Prosecco and a Rose – Relax and feel the Love by the Bay! Sneak away with your special someone, beat the summer crowds and enjoy an incredible room discount! As a special ‘Thank You’ to our honored guests, you are invited to enjoy this exclusive, limited-time offer of a $179 Plaza-view rate with a Split of Prosecco and Rose delivered to your room AND a complimentary, on-arrival upgrade subject to availability. We offer complimentary Wifi and secure underground parking all while enjoying the best service and ambience in Bellingham! Offer is valid for select dates, Sunday-Thursday September 3-October 31 only. Thank you to our loyal patrons of Hotel Bellwether – and a special welcome to our first time guests – we are looking forward to showing why Hotel Bellwether was voted the #1 Luxury Hotel in the Northwest by Evening Magazine!